Apex Legends is a live service game, which naturally means it’s always updated. Whether it’s a new season, a new character, a new map, or a few subtle changes to weapon damage and bug fixes, Respawn’s developers usually keep us in the loop as to what’s changed.
If it’s your first time playing the battle royale game – or just want to know what’s changed since the update – you’re in the right spot. We’ve compiled all the latest Apex Legends patch notes so you can see what’s changed and what’s new in the competitive FPS game.
Apex Legends usually pushes a major update at the start of a new season—that’s when they reveal all of a new character’s abilities or add an entirely new map—but more so with each season, There are small updates that we will do as well that keeps you up to speed.
Changes are big or small that will keep things feeling fresh, and future patch notes may give us a glimpse into Apex Legends Arena mode as the game moves to different formats from Battle Royale.
Latest Apex Update 2023
The latest Apex Legends update introduces the Genesis Collection event and addresses some balance changes.
Apex Legends Update 2.28
Names no longer appear incorrectly when in Anonymous mode in the game
💀Deaths outside the Ring appear in the kill feed
👀Quips now show subtitles when chosen in the Banner menu
🐀The sound effects for Ash select animations now work correctly
- Playing at 165+ FPS may result in some stuttering
- On Windows 7 with DirectX11, the game crashes when it is launched
- [Firing Range] Aim assist does not actually work on all dummies
- Support Bins do not award Mobile Respawn Beacons when an ally is in-game dead
- Refers to FS_CheckAsyncRequest when loading an in-game map
- Legends are capable of rotating when they exit a Trident.
FIX IN PROGRESS – FUTURE PATCH –
- Prompts may not appear on the summary/death screen, including the report option – but buttons are still functional!
- [Control] Players sometime can’t spawn spawn on captured zones, except the Dropship zone in the game
Apex Legends Update 2.01
Respawn published a small update for Apex Legends on 22 July 2022. The new Apex update was less than 1GB on all platforms and fixed some inconveniences that gamers were experiencing, according to the Apex Trello board.
In response to the board, there are different issues that developers are working to iron out in the Apex Legends game. Here is what we know about the Apex latest patch and what Respawn has resolved so far.
Apex 2.01 Patch Notes Update
Fixes a bug where gamers can switch skins or avoid using tactical while actually aiming down the sight same time.
Fixes a bug where gamers at certain ranks don’t receive the right ranked rewards for certain seasons.
Added performance and stability improvements.
Other in-game minor bug fixes.
The following Apex changes were also added previous update but surfaced in the new patch notes as well:
Fixes a bug where wearing an heirloom or some in-game weapons results in reaching the highest velocity on a zipline slower than usual.
It Fixes a bug where Loba’s Ultimate is no actually longer blocking doors.
Fixed a bug where Wraith’s ultimate disappears when deployed close to the in-game Harvester wall.
Fixed bugs related to Rampage charging VFX, and UI issues.
Apex Legends Update 1.97
The official for the June 7 Apex Legends patch notes update has been announced, which brings the game to the latest version 1.97 with the following improvements and bug fixes.
- Rewards of Improper Ranked – the gun charms, holosprays, correct dive trails, and badges will start rolling out to gamers throughout the day.
- IMC Armories – exploits linked to clipping through the roof, an in-game mantling bug after teleporting in, also different script errors.
- Fixing server-wide thud sound of occasional actually belongs to Newcastle’s ultimate.
- Complete Resolving next-gen audio distortion of Xbox.
- Resolving script errors.
Apex Legends Update 1.96
Respawn has not actually revealed the patch notes 1.96 for this new update, but based on the Trello board there is a number of fixes and new updates that have likely been in-game rolled out:
As confirmation RSPN_Pav shared on Twitter, live team support for the Apex Legends game, the fix patch an issue with Newcastle’s ultimate in-game ability, which was actually stunning Wraith whilst in the middle of her game phase.
- Audio – Gamers are reporting big audio issues such as an echo unless in-game console audio is set to Stereo Uncompressed.
- Ranks of Predator getting the wrong rewards.
- The actual Teleporter for teleporting squadmates within the IMC Armory is not always working.
- Loba’s tactical doesn’t work on certain Storm Point terrain.
- Several Newcastle bugs.
Apex Legends Update 1.94
There is only a minor amount of content with Apex update 1.94, so it is really quite small on all 3 platforms:
- Xbox TBC
- PC TBC
- PlayStation TBC
So take enough time to download & install the update.
Apex Legends Update Time
Apex updates are always released on Tuesdays at 10:00 PT (13:00 ET / 18:00 GMT / 19:00 CET) unless they are an urgent issue.
On PC and Xbox, the update rolls out immediately at that time, but on PlayStation, there can sometimes be a 15 to 20-minute delay, so you can get closer to 10:15 PT.
Also, remember that due to PlayStation’s way of copying the entire game for each update, you will need to allow an hour or more when installing the recent Apex Legends update.
Apex Legends Patch Notes Update 1.94
This patch 1.94 was a small minor update released on April 12 that addressed the following issues below:
- placeable abilities Issues on Storm Point.
- 3rd-party controllers not working on Xbox Series X|S.
- Various next-gen Control, Console, and Bangalore Story Event Issues solved.
Apex Update Patch Notes 1.93
This Apex Update patch 1.93 was released on 5th April 2022. We got a unique rotation of Warriors Collection skins in the in-game Item Shop. And both Rampart and Bloodline have been removed from the Firing Range but that remove was temporary:
Apex Legends Update 1.73 – Genesis Collection Event
The Genesis Collection event update is going live on June 29th at Apex Legends, bringing with it a new event, returning maps, and a bunch of balancing changes.
Apex Legends Genesis update Release Time
The update for the Apex Legends Genesis event, (update 1.73) will begin on June 29th at 10 a.m. PT. Here’s the release time for the world:
- 10 a.m. PT
- 11 AM MDT
- 12-noon CT
- 1 PM ET
- 2 pm BRT
- 6 pm BST
- 7 pm CEST
- 10:30 PM IST
- 2 AM JST
- 3 AM AEST
Apex Legends Genesis event update
There’s plenty to see in Season 9’s collection schedule, including the legacy of the Revenant and the return of the classic maps.
- Season 0 Kings Canyon
- season 3 edge of the world
- Skull Town Arenas Map
- Revenant Heirloom
- 24 event-limited skins
- Rewards Tracker
Plenty of legend and weapon balances are also coming to the Collection event, including nerfs for Octane and Bloodhound, as well as lots of changes to the Revenant. Check out all the legend buffs and nerfs here.
As for weapons, the P2020, Spitfire, 30-30 repeater, and longbow are all getting changes – see all weapon buffs and nerfs here.
There are plenty of bug fixes and quality-of-life changes too, and Arenas got some attention, too. In addition to the Skull Town Map (available during the event only), price changes have been made, as well as some capacity changes.
Genesis Event End
The collection program begins on June 29 and lasts for two weeks, ending on July 13. After that, it won’t take long to get ready for the next season, Season 10 to drop.
Event skins may return in the future, and you’ll be able to receive Revenant’s legacy with shards after the event ends.
Apex Update 9.1
The next Apex update not only comes with a new numbering convention (thanks, Response Ryan Rigne), but it also introduces the Genesis Collection event. However, there are also some balance changes at the bottom of the patch notes, and while that’s bad news for Octane Men, it’s good news for Revenant players who are getting more than just a legacy.
Apex Legend Balance Updates
- Octane’s launch pad cooldown increased from 60 seconds to 90 seconds
- Revenant’s hitbox size reduced
- The Revenant’s stalker climb height increased significantly
- Revenant’s silence duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds
- Revenant’s death protection period reduced by five seconds
- Lifeline hitbox size increased
- Bloodhound Eye of the Allfather scan reveals foes for 3 seconds instead of 4
- The duration of Bloodhound’s Beast of the Hunt was reduced from 35 to 30 seconds. Time is still added to defeat the enemies
- Watson can now place more than one Nessie on the map at a time with his expressions (20 Nessies can be active on a map at a time)
New Weapon Balance Updates
In the Apex new Update, Weapon Balance Updates play a big role in the apex world
- The rate of fire increased from 6.25 to 7.0. done
- Increase base ammo from 12 to 14. Has been done
- Increases Lvl 1 Mag from 14 to 16. Has been done
- Increases Lvl 2 Mag from 16 to 18. Has been done
- Increases Lvl 3 and Lvl 4 Mag from 18 to 21. Has been done
An increase in Hip Fire spread
30-30 Repeater Update
- Slight increase in projectile speed
- Charging time reduced from 0.5 sec to 0.35 sec
Damage grew from 55 to 60
The following weapons & upgrades change the material cost in Apex Legends Arenas mod:
Prices of Weapon
- RE45: 250 to 200
- L-Star: 400 to 500
- R99: 550 to 500
- EVA: 250 to 300
- Volt: 500 to 550
- G7 Scout Leval 3 Upgrade: 250 to 200
- P2020 Leval 1 Upgrade: 50 to 25
- Spitfire: 550 to 600
- Mastiff: 500 to 400
- P2020 Leval 3 Upgrade: 200 to 150
- P2020 Leval 2 Upgrade: 125 to 75
- R301 Leval 2 Upgrade: 300 to 350
- 30-30: 350 to 400
- 30-30 Leval 3 Upgrade: 250 to 200
- G7 Scout: 350 to 400
Prices of Utility
- Arc Star : 100 – 125
- Gold Backpack : 250 – 300
Ability Prices of Legend
- Crypto EMP: 600 – 500
- Crypto Drone: 100 – 50
- Fuse Knuckle Cluster 150 – 75
- Lifeline DOC Drone 50 – 75
- Bloodhound Ult 350 – 450
- Revenant Death Totem: 600 – 500
The following modifications are applicable only in Arenas
Ability Adjustments of Legend
- Pathfinder’s Grapple starting fee reduced from three to two charges
- Pathfinder’s Zipline Round cool down has been raised from every round to as often as possible
- Rampart’s Sheila round cooldown decreased from every three rounds to every other round
- Watson’s Pitfall Pylon Round Cooldown Changed From Regular to Every Other Round
- Octane’s launch pad cooldown was raised from every other round to every round
- Octane’s Stim Initial fee three. has been reduced to two charges from
- Added a scoreboard to the map screen
- You can now report players by pressing Space (Y on the controller) in the map screen
- Round 3 & onwards, you will quick start with a shield battery in addition to 2 syringes and 2 shield cells
- Care packages will also land five seconds earlier to make contained weapons a more viable option before the round closes.
- 6x scope moved from base sniper weapons to Leval 1 upgrade
Adjustments of Arenas map
- Adjusted circle logic to make downtown feel a little more like
- Minimap’s visual language simplified
- Cover height increased on some props throughout the map to prevent the unfair advantage of Big Rig Legends
- Add some trees to decrease the ease of spawn sniping
Bug fixes of Arenas
- The UI for that purple Devotion now shows the attached turbocharger
- Players will no longer be selected as Jump Masters during the Legend Selection Screen
- Update sniper stock to show empty slots when needed
- Will not get stuck in crouch mode after dying while reviving teammate in an Arena match
- All bug fixes and quality-of-life changes (to let teammates know your final is ready – yes, really)
Apex Update 1.72
Respawn announced in a tweet that the latest Apex Legends update aims to tackle DDoS (Denial of Service) attacks in Apex Legends’ Ranked Mode.
When we discover an offense, all offenders will be banned from the game & given an explanation for their action. The plan is to deny benefits to attackers & protect the victim users of those attacks from loss of RP.
DDoS attacks were becoming more common in the higher levels of Apex’s Ranked Mode, where hackers would DDoS entire lobbies to remove kills and RP from passive players. It shouldn’t be like this anymore.
“Occasionally, this change will completely void the results: no stats tracked, RP gained or lost, etc.,” according to Respawn.
It’s not a perfect solution but should help narrow down the problems a bit. Respawn also tells that new updates are coming to deal with such awesome attacks.
Apex Legends Update 1.71
Apex Legends New Update 1.71 has fixed the Arenas Lever penalty, which means Gamers should not be banned without any reason. This should also mean that fewer players leave your teams if you lag behind in the game.
- Re-enables penalty levers for arenas
- Fixes some voice chat issues on Switch
- Provides Pride Badges to all players
Respawn notes that it can take up to 24 hours for the liver penalty to be activated.
Apex Patch 1.70
It’s a small patch to fix some issues on the Switch and adjust the Valkyrie’s power.
Fix an issue with Switch players being kicked out of games due to system clock disruption
Added a missing confirmation message after purchasing Bloodhound X Lifeline Edition
When hovering while using Valk’s Tactical Mode uses the same amount of fuel compared to Hovering without employing his Tactical Mode. It’s an adjustment of balancing intended to prevent Valkyrie characters from staying out of the battle for extended periods in late game rounds, AKA having a break of coffee.
‘Win X Rounds in Arenas’ Fixed the Challenges of Not Tracking Wins Correctly
- Fix a flickering problem caused by legends with lighting effects in the lobby
- Miscellaneous stability fixes
- That’s all for this little patch: Good news for Switch players but bad news for Valkyrie Men.
Apex Legends Update Patch 1.69
This patch fixes a bug that made Backpack the most scarce resource in the game, as well as fixes some issues with Watson and Valkyrie. The update also added penalties for leaving the game in Apex Legends Arenas Mode.
- Slow effect restored when players run across Watson’s fence
- Miscellaneous stability fixes
- There is a small input delay after users use Valkyrie’s Ultimate to prevent them from accidentally activating – then canceling immediately – their last by mistake.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to record statistics at the firing range when using Valkyrie
- Fixed an edge case that allowed him to activate the jump pad immediately after using it
Penalties have been added for skipping games in arenas. This is comparable to the abandonment penalty imposed in ranked BR games. You get a penalty only if you were on the whole team when you left (this doesn’t apply if you run with a lever – you are still penalized in that case). This great update will activate a warning for gamers who are about to leave a game in improvement. Relevant penalties will follow shortly afterward
Fixed an exploit that allowed users to unlock upgrades without sufficient content to do so
The hop-up upgrades for Bocek Bow are now as follows: Level 2: Shattercaps. Level 3: Deadeye’s Tempo
Various arenas bugs and errors fixed
Respawn has temporarily disabled lever penalties in arenas due to the system sometimes issuing unfair penalties. The fix is scheduled for the end of this week.
- Adjusted the logic of loot items being produced on the ground as opposed to placing loot items in loot boxes. This will cause the backpacks to spawn more widely on the ground as opposed to spawning primarily exclusively in loot boxes
- Slight boost in spawn rates for Level 2 Evo Armor. The starter kit changes introduced in Season 9 made him less than expected.
Two more updates came soon after the main patch:
- Rain-able Valkyrie at the Firing Range
- Temporarily increasing Survival XP earned in Arenas. This is a place holder solve to offset the fact that the buy phase is not currently being taken into account for time of existence. As part of the new patch notes, Respawn will modify the Survival Time estimation to take into account the buying phase & return the Survival XP gain rate to its initial lvl.
That’s all for Apex Legends Patch 1.69 – there’s a lot of great stuff in it that will make the game more enjoyable. Watson Men’s will be especially happy, as well as anyone who has struggled to find a backpack or has had to fight 2v3 in arenas.
I hope you like this Apex Update post, in this post we provide all the information regarding the new Apex Update, new events, Genesis Collection Event, and all the Apex Update Patches. For other game updates check our posts like –