Looking for Sims 4 Broken Mods? So you reached the right spot. Here in this post, you will get how to find broken mods after an update/patch and how to fix them in Sims 4 game.
Sims 4 is one of the popular games where custom content and mods can greatly influence gameplay. But whenever there is a new game update or an expansion pack that releases, gamers can encounter broken mods because the CC is not compatible with the new update.
In this post, we will explain how to actually find out which Sims 4 mods are now broken and how to fix them to play the game without errors. Now without further delay let’s start the Sims 4 Broken Mods guide.
Note – This Sims 4 Broken Mods post is only for informational purposes, we don’t promote any type of cheating in the game.
Sims 4 Broken Mods 2023
Since the Sims 4 updates can make changes in the code, some mods may no longer work. Here is how to check broken mods and fix them.
How To Check Broken Mod?
If you are actually using multiple Sims 4 mods and some one is not compatible with the new game update, however, there is no easy way to find this. The manual process can be really challenging if you are a beginner in this Sims 4 game.
The easiest thing to do is to check out the Sims forum and find the updated or broken mods and custom content after the new game update (Spring Kits patch). Also, you can check out the EA forum for more comments by other players.
EA Forum – Check Here
There is a chance that some mods will become outdated, some will require updating and some will no longer work.
Test For Sims 4 Broken Mods
Here is the process of how to Test for Sims 4 Broken Mods
- If you are testing for broken mods, be sure to make a backup of your saves in case your save file gets infected.
- Delete other files from your game Mods folder and only keep the mod you are testing right now. This can be a challenging task if you have lots of mods, however, it is the only way.
- It is important to delete the localthumbcache file as it contains the memory cache of the mods, which must be deleted to test properly and avoid conflicting mods.
- Start the game and check if it is compatible with the mod you’re using. If it does not work or start at all then the mod is probably broken and you can contact the creator of the mod or report it on the forum.
Fix Incompatible Mods
Here is the process of how to Fix Incompatible Mods
After you know that some mods are broken, what is the next step? Here is what you can actually simply do:
- Talk to the creator on Discord or other social media platforms. There is a good chance they are aware of it and may be working on compatibility. Check out the creator’s pinned posts or the latest updates to know what is going on in the game.
Delete Broken Mods
Here is the process of how to Delete Broken Mods in Sims 4
- Method One – You can use the Tray Importer to actually delete broken custom content.
- Method Two – Delete the Broken folder manually.
- Close the Sims 4 game. Then Go to the file The Sims 4 file location in C Drive:
- Then find the MODS folder
- Next, move all the mods to your desktop.
- After that, paste a Mod folder back into the MODS folder and check in the Sims 4 game. This is how you can actually find out if a particular mod is working or creating any problems.
- If it is creating issues, remove the mod folder and only bring it back when it is able to work with the new game update. Otherwise, remove the broken mod in Sims 4 game.
- Now remember to remove the Sims 4 cache by removing the localthumbscache.package file. If you do not do this, the mod is not deleting fully and may reappear in the game.
EA Community Manager Response About Deleted Mods
Here is the EA community manager’s response about the deleted mods reappearance:
- You will have to clear the Sims 4 cache. This you can do by deleting the file localthumbscache.package located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/ cache can be found.
- Also, you need to delete all files that end in .cache but not the actual directory.
- Next, return to the cachestr folder and delete all of the files, but do not delete the actual game directory.
- If you see a folder name – onlinethumbnailcache then you can also delete it too.
Broken Mods After Sims 4 Child Update
Here is the list of mods that are broken after Sims 4 child update
- JellyPaws – Just Sims Mod
- KawaiiStacie – Slice of Life (Complete)
- Lumpinou – Memory panel
- Luumia – Height Sliders + Extras
- NisaK – Nisa’s Evil Perversions
- PandaSama – Child Birth Mode
- SimRealist – Home and Land CO
- SimwithShan – Cosmetic Procedures Mod
- TURBOCHARGER – Wicked Whims
- Vicky Sims – More CAS Traits
Hopefully, you like this Sims 4 Broken Mods guide. Here in this post, we covered how you can find broken mods after an update/patch and how to fix them in the Sims 4 game.
Also, if you want to ask any questions or share any feedback about the Sims 4 Broken Mods so comment below.
More Check –
- Sims Freeplay Cheats
- Pokemon Crystal Cheats
- Gardenscapes Cheats
- Pokemon Quetzal Cheats
- UI Cheats Sims 4
- Hay Day Cheats
- House Flipper Cheats