looking for How to Use PS5 Remote Play on Steam Deck. In this post we will going to tell you about how you can use ps5 remote play on steam deck
Do you want to play PS5 games on your Steam Deck, but you don’t know how? Don’t worry, we have a guide that will show you how to do it step by step. Sometimes, you might not have a screen to connect your PS5 to, or you might want to play your PS5 games in a different room. That’s when the Remote Play feature comes in handy.
Remote Play lets you stream your PS5 games to your Steam Deck over the internet, so you can play them anywhere you want. You just need a fast internet connection and our guide to set it up. Let’s see how you can enjoy PlayStation games on your Steam Deck using Remote Play.
How to Use PS5 Remote Play on Steam Deck
To play PS5 games on your Steam Deck, you need to install a program called Chiaki. Chiaki is a free and open-source app that lets you use Remote Play on your Steam Deck. Here’s how you can install Chiaki and set up Remote Play:
- First, you need to switch your Steam Deck to Desktop Mode. Desktop Mode lets you use your Steam Deck like a regular computer.
- To do this, press the Power button on the top of your Steam Deck and select Desktop Mode from the menu.
- Next, you need to find and install Chiaki on your Steam Deck. To do this, go to Discover Software Center, which is an app store for Linux programs.
- You can find it on the bottom left corner of the screen. In the search bar, type Chiaki and click on the first result. Then, click on Install and wait for it to finish.
- After that, you need to enable Remote Play on your PS5 console. Remote Play is a feature that lets you stream your PS5 games to another device over the internet.
- To do this, turn on your PS5 and go to Settings, which is the gear icon on the top right corner of the screen. Then, go to System and select Remote Play. There, you need to check the box that says Enable Remote Play.
Log in With Your PSN Account on Chiaki
To use Remote Play on your Steam Deck, you need to log in with your PSN account on Chiaki. PSN stands for PlayStation Network, which is the online service for PlayStation games and features.
However, you can’t just type your PSN username on Chiaki. You need to change it into a special format that Chiaki can understand. Here’s how you can do that:
- First, you need to go to your internet browser and look for PSN Flip Screen. This is a website that can convert your PSN username into the format that Chiaki needs. You can find it by typing PSN Flip Screen on the search bar and clicking on the first link.
- Next, you need to enter your PSN username on the website.
- Your PSN username is the name that you use to play online games and chat with other players on PlayStation.
- You can find it on your PS5 console by going to Settings, Users and Accounts, and Account. On the website, type your PSN username on the box that says Enter Your Username and click on Convert.
- After that, you need to copy the ID that the website gives you. The ID is a long string of letters and numbers that looks like this: 0000000a1b2c3d4e5f6g7h8i9j0k1l2m. This is the format that Chiaki needs to log in with your PSN account. To copy the ID, select it with your mouse and press Ctrl+C on your keyboard.
- Finally, you need to go back to your Steam Deck and open Chiaki. Chiaki is the app that you installed earlier that lets you use Remote Play on your Steam Deck.
- You can find it on the bottom left corner of the screen. On Chiaki, you will see your PlayStation profile on the screen. This is the picture and name that you use on PlayStation.
- To register your profile, click on it and paste the ID that you copied from the website. To paste the ID, press Ctrl+V on your keyboard.
- Now, you need to enter the encoded PSN ID and a pin on Chiaki to finish the setup. The encoded PSN ID is the ID that you copied from the website. The pin is a code that your PS5 console will give you. Here’s how you can do that:
- First, you need to type the encoded PSN ID on Chiaki. On Chiaki, you will see two boxes below your PlayStation profile. The first one says Host and the second one says PSN Online ID. On the second box, type the encoded PSN ID that you copied from the website.
- Next, you need to get the pin from your PS5 console. On your PS5 console, go to Settings, System, Remote Play, and Link Device. This will show you an 8-digit pin on the screen. The pin looks like this: 1234-5678. This is the code that Chiaki needs to connect to your PS5 console.
- After that, you need to type the pin on Chiaki. On Chiaki, you will see another box below the PSN Online ID box. This one says PIN. On this box, type the 8-digit pin that you got from your PS5 console.
- Finally, you need to click on Register on Chiaki. This will register your PSN account and link your Steam Deck to your PS5 console. You will see a message that says Registration successful.
- Congratulations! You have completed the PS5 Remote Play setup on your Steam Deck. You can now play your PS5 games on your Steam Deck using Remote Play.
For Better Gaming Experience Try This
If you want to have a better gaming experience, you should change the mode and the settings of your controller. Desktop Mode is not the best mode for playing games on your Steam Deck. It is better to use Game Mode, which is the mode that your Steam Deck normally uses.
To switch back to Game Mode, press the Power button on the top of your Steam Deck and select Game Mode from the menu. Then, you can open Chiaki from your library and start playing PS5 games.
You can also customize the controller buttons to suit your preferences. For example, you can change which button does what action, or how sensitive the joystick is. To do this, go to the Chiaki Settings, which is the gear icon on the top right corner of the screen.
There, you can find different options to adjust your controller settings. One more thing that you need to remember is to have a good internet connection.
Remote Play works by streaming your PS5 games to your Steam Deck over the internet. If your internet connection is slow or unstable, you might have problems like lagging, freezing, or disconnecting.
To avoid these problems, make sure you have a fast and reliable internet connection. You can check your internet speed by using an online tool like Speedtest or Fast.com.
Also Check –
- Where To Buy PS5
- PS5 Themes
- 10 Digit Discount Code PS4
- Free Steam Accounts
- Steam Error Initializing Your Transaction