Combat System of Final Fantasy 16: Final Fantasy 16 is the latest installment in the popular RPG series. It features a new combat system that is different from previous games. In this blog post, I will explain how the combat system works and what you can expect from it.
What is the combat system in Final Fantasy 16?
The combat system in Final Fantasy 16 is a real-time action system. You control the protagonist, Clive, and fight enemies with melee attacks, magic spells, and special abilities. You can also switch between different Eikons, which are powerful beings that grant you different powers.
The combat system does not have any turn-based or ATB elements. You have to act fast and react to enemy attacks. You can dodge, parry, and counterattack with precise timing. And can also use items like potions and tonics to heal yourself or boost your stats.
What are Eikons and how do they work?
Eikons are the main feature of the combat system in Final Fantasy 16. They are mythical creatures that have a bond with certain humans called Dominants. Clive can use the powers of six Eikons: Phoenix, Garuda, Shiva, Titan, Odin, and Ifrit.
Each Eikon has its own unique abilities and strengths. You can switch between them during combat by pressing a button. For example, Phoenix can heal you and deal fire damage, while Garuda can fly and create wind blasts. You can also upgrade your Eikon abilities by finding and collecting leads.
You can also summon an Eikon once you fill up a gauge. This will unleash a devastating attack that can damage multiple enemies. Some battles will also feature cinematic Eikon-on-Eikon fights that require quick-time events.
What are the other aspects of the combat system?
The combat system in Final Fantasy 16 also has some other aspects that you should know. Here are some of them:
- Clive is the only playable character in the game. His companions are controlled by AI and will support him in combat.
- Clive has passive perks that give him various advantages in combat. They are indicated by icons above his health bar.
- Clive can transform into an Eikon for a limited time, similar to the Devil Trigger system from Devil May Cry. This will enhance his abilities and appearance.
- Clive can use charged attacks that deal more damage and break enemy guards. He can also use magic bursts that combine melee and magic attacks.
- Clive can equip different weapons that affect his combat style and stats. He can also craft and upgrade his gear by finding materials.
The combat system in Final Fantasy 16 is a dynamic and exciting system that offers a lot of variety and challenge. It is based on real-time action and requires skill and strategy. It also features Eikons, which are powerful allies that grant you different powers.
To enjoy the combat system in Final Fantasy 16, you need to have access to the game on PlayStation 5. The game is expected to release in 2023.
I hope this blog post was helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below.
Also Check –